9.12.2007

"Maradona good; Pele better; George Best" (A banner near the Best family home in the Cregagh Estate on the day of Best's funeral)

Porque embora não acredite no destino, há coisas fantásticas, não há...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nplemK3Y4ns


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2HWUbFGHMU



The best of Best:

[On Eric Cantona:] "I'd give all the Champagne I've ever drunk to be playing alongside him in a big European match at Old Trafford."

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

"I used to go missing quite a lot... Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World."

"In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life."

"Pelé called me the greatest footballer in the world. That is the ultimate salute to my life."

[When Michael Parkinson asked how soon before kick-off George had made love:] "Half time!"

"I was in [for the blood transfusion after a liver transplant] for 10 hours and had 40 pints - beating my previous record by 20 minutes."



About Best:

"After his first training session in heaven, George Best, from his favourite right wing, turned the head of God who was filling in at left-back. I would love him to save me a place in his team, George Best that is, not God." (Eric Cantona has pays tribute to the late George Best)

Cabral

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home